Over the years of our existence we've constantly found ourselves to be repeating so much information - re-iterating over and over, things that we as well as other credible sources of information have been trying to set straight for years. We think it has a lot to do with how easily information is shared in this day and age. With the rise of social networking platforms that we have instant access to - it's become increasingly easy for one to voice their (incorrect) opinion on a technical matter. It's also resulted in a lot of misinformation polluting the internet. Do you miss the message boards yet?
From the typical readers' perspective, it's sometimes difficult to separate the factual opinions from those that are simply hearsay. If someone sounds like they know what they're talking about, often, their readers or followers will repeat this information, and potentially make it somewhat credible as more and more people begin to repeat it. This is simply mass psychology. Human beings tend to want to follow each other - and behave as a group. The downside of that is that often times, on the internet - many of the bits of information are incorrect, skewed, distorted, or flat out lies.
We've decided it's time to set the facts straight. We'll be posting several times a week on a different category. Here's a peak at what we're planning;
Some of the content will be text written articles with pictures, some of it will be videos. It's really going to depend on what the most efficient way to convey the message will be.
Here's a peak at what we've got planned for the upcoming Tech Tuesdays;
- The RB26 N1 Water Pump - Demystified
- Everything you need to know about buying a Nissan R32 Skyline GT-R
- Why does the RB26DETT engine fail so frequently?
- When do I need to consider upgrading my trigger system? (RB)
Our weekly product feature episode will showcase parts that you'd most likely want to know (or know more) about as well as bring new and exciting products into the limelight - we'll do all the testing so you can get a complete unbiased review and make your decision whether to buy or not.
- Turtle Garage HICAS Lock-out Kit (Most R Chassis Cars)
- Platinum Racing Trigger Kit (All RB Platform Engines)
- Spool Imports Spline Drive Kit (All RB Platform Engines)
- Koncept Industries Billet Aluminum Valve Cover Dress-Up Bolt Kit (RB26DETT and Others)
Stand-alone ECU Tuning will cover one topic at a time that we seem to get a lot of questions about. Certain aspects of ECU Calibration/tuning are quite difficult to understand without a mentor. Tuning has actually very little to do with mechanics - and a lot more to do with thermodynamics, physics, mathematics, and a fundamental understanding of the hardware being controlled by the computer.
- Selecting a proper AFR for your engine
- Battery Voltage - Why it's important
- Ignition Timing Basics
- Proper cold-start Techniques
- PID Control Techniques for various Pieces of Hardware
The How-To video/articles will consist of installations of aftermarket parts, done by highly experienced, licensed mechanics in a high performance shop. We will show you exactly how we do things in the shop, for our paying customers. We'll go over what everyone seems to get wrong, why it's important, and what can happen if you don't follow instructions.
- Proper high-flow fuel pump installation (Hardly any fuel pumps are truly "drop-in" ready)
- Plumbing, mounting, wiring and configuring an Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
- Installing a Crank Collar / Spline Drive (RB Engines)
Blog post schedule for the upcoming month
We'll be taking in requests in the comment section of the Facebook post. If you'd like us to feature anything, speak up !
Subscribe to our news letter to get weekly updates !